To Further Energy Conservation
Austin’s Energy Conservation Audit and Disclosure Ordinance will begin on June 1, 2009. The ECAD requires homeowners utilizing Austin Electric Utility to have an energy audit on their home before the point of sale. Fortunately, Barfield Home Inspections is happy to perform professional energy audits for Austin residents.
Click Here to Learn More:
Austin Energy Conservation Audit & Disclosure Ordinance
Click Here to see if your address is one of those covered in this audit.
License # CAN06357
ECAD Audit Exemptions
A home seller is not subject to the requirements of the ECAD (No. 20081106-047) if any of the following conditions apply:
- Property is located outside of the city limits of Austin
- Property does not receive electric service from Austin Energy
- Property was constructed within 10 years of the time of sale.
- Property is classified as manufactured housing built on a permanent chassis and designed to be used without a permanent foundation.
- Property participated in Austin Energy Rebate Programs within 10 years of the time of sale and either:
- Received $500 or more in rebates or
- Preformed three energy efficiency measures
- Property participated in Austin Energy Free Weatherization Program not more than 10 years before the time of sale.
Transfer of title to the property occurs under one of the following:
- Foreclosure sale, Trustee’s sale, or deed in lieu of foreclosure.
- Pre-Foreclosure sale.
- Exercise or threat of Eminent Domain.
- Transfer from one family member to another family member, without payment.
- Court order or probate proceedings.
- Decree of legal separation or dissolution of marriage, or property settlement agreement incidental to such a decree.
- Purchaser of the property qualifies for, and has signed an agreement to participate in, the Austin Energy Free
- Weatherization Program not later than six months after the time of sale.
How the ECAD Can Help You
In order to cut costs on energy bills and assume environmental responsibility, energy audits are critical for residents of Austin. Barfield Home Inspections will perform a comprehensive energy audit to assess the most efficient energy saving strategies for your respective home. After an energy audit is conducted, you’re likely to save an average of 25% a year on your energy bill.
Call us at 512.350.0123 so we can perform your ECAD audit.